Friday, May 6, 2011

Chapter 9

I think I might've inhaled you
I could feel you behind my eyes
You've gotten into my bloodstream
I could feel you floating in me
Ch. 9

He spooned me perfectly as we slept.  My body literally hurt, yet I hadn’t felt this relaxed in a couple years as I traced the tattoos on his left arm with my eyes.  The one was pretty ugly and definitely seemed to have been a Halloween impulse with its ghoulish motif.  However, the rest of the sleeve was a collage that outlined BizNasty and I thought of it as a kaleidoscope.  The ink was intriguing as the man it was painted on.
Our night had been anything less than ordinary.  After the first round in the truck, we beat feet into the house all but naked and started round two on my couch, literally several feet from my front door.  A 2am snack of ice cream ended up becoming the sticky mess that was round three.  And what was supposed to be a quick rinse in the shower brought on round four.  Even now with slight movement I could feel him begin to harden as he slept.  This man has one hell of a sex drive.
I couldn’t believe how he got me to open up sexually, completely leaving my inhibition behind and reveling in every minute of his attentions.  He made me realize just how much I had missed out so far when it came to my non-existent sex life.  Most importantly, he made me feel like I was the only woman he had ever been with and the most important one at that.  Even though I know that is far from the truth and I highly doubt I will ever be the most important.  Ouch, I think I just felt my heart squeeze with that realization.
During the short times we dozed off between sessions, I awoke a couple times to him murmuring my name in his sleep.  At first I thought he was still awake, but I could tell he was out cold by the way his weight pushed against my body.  There was not a time during the night that he did not have at least one finger touching me and I enjoyed how it felt to be tangled up in him.  He was warm and I enjoyed having the scent of a man in my bed.  Andre was right, even if this doesn’t move onto something serious, it’s definitely the right medicine for me.
“I feel your eyelashes on my skin when you blink,” he murmured quietly, snapping me from my thoughts.  “It tickles.”
I snuggled my face down so that just the top of my head rested on his arm.  “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you,” I apologized quietly.
“I don’t think you could ever bother me,” he cooed into my ear, laying a kiss on my temple.  “What an incredible night,” he breathed.
“Mmmm,” was all I could say because for some reason I couldn’t get the nagging thought out of my head that he might have used the same words on the last girl he had in bed last time?  Quickly the thought was erased as he smoothed some of my hair off my face, repeating the process, causing me to doze back into dream land.


I really meant it when I had told her earlier that it was an incredible night.  I don’t think there has ever been a time that I felt prompted to say that.  Plus, this was the first time in over a year that I’ve held a woman until the sun came up, after we spent the whole night having some of those most mind blowing sex I’ve ever had.  She was something completely out of the ordinary.  I could literally feel her in my veins as I breathed in her scent and I couldn’t help but let a smile cross over my face.
I had been awake on and off since the sun came out in the early morning, but the last time I opened my eyes I found a shadow looming over my head with no Ari in site.
“Holy Shit!” I breathed out and jumped back, almost falling off the edge of the bed.  A large panther looking Maine Coon cat was lying on Ari’s pillow, licking its chops as it seemed to look as if it was going to eat me for breakfast.  The thing was bigger than my dog, Winnie.  Thinking about it, Winnie would probably look like a Scooby snack for this cat.  I hesitantly reached my hand out to try and pet the monstrosity, but it stood up, turned around and laid down with its back facing me.  “Huh, nice to meet you too, snob.”
“You know, cats tend to have a better understanding of personalities than any other domesticated animal?” Ari’s voice sang through the room. 
I looked up to find her staring into the vanity mirror in front of me.  She looked beautiful leaning against the door jam in cut off shorts and a bright green spaghetti strapped tank top with her hair still wet and bare foot.
“I’m thinking the only thing on that cat’s mind is that I’m lying on his side of the bed and I better get up before I become his next snack,” I said with a smile as I rolled over to beckon Ari over to the bed so that I could pull her back into it with me.
“Yas is as mellow as they come,” she said as she walked over towards the bed.
“Yas?”
“Navajo for snow,” she said, trying to keep her face straight.
“Perfect name for a midnight black cat that lives in Arizona,” I snorted as I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her under the blankets, trapping her under them with me.  “What is this wet hair bullshit?!  You couldn’t wake me so that we could conserve water together?!” I probed her as I tickled the crap out of her.
“I didn’t want to bother you!!” she squeaked loudly as she tried to pull away from me, but was unable to get away from my grip.  “I figured I’d make you breakfast while you were in the shower…”
I stopped instantly and turned her so that she was facing me.  I love how I can basically move her around like a rag doll.  “Did you say make me food?!”
She looked at me confused as she answered slowly, “Yes?”
“Yoli and my sister are usually the only women who offer to make me food,” I said, thinking about my mom’s famous pancakes which caused my mouth to water.
“Who is Yoli?”
“My mom.  It’s short for Yolande.  I’ve called her Yoli since I was a teenager.”
“I see,” she said with a smile.
“She’s my best girl friend.”
Ari laughed an ironic laugh as she spoke, “You are the last person I ever thought would admit that their best girl friend is their mom.”
“Haven’t you learned by now that I’m not normal?”
“This is true,” she said with a smile that put a sparkle in her hazel eyes.
We laid there staring into each other’s eyes for a moment before I spoke again, “So what are you making me to make up for my lost shower time with you?”
“You’ll have to get clean and head downstairs afterward to find out,” she answered with a wicked gleam as she kissed me on the nose and rolled out of bed before I could catch her again.

I got out of the shower, threw my jeans on from the night before and jumped down the stairs to be greeted by the smell of sausage frying in the pan and the scent of cinnamon sugar as she dipped pieces of bread in a batter mixture and plopped them on a skillet.  Of course all of this was playing out as she moved around to the new song from Far East Movement (FM), Like A G6.  All I could do was picture her and me getting it on at a club while this was playing.  I couldn’t help but go up behind her and begin grinding against her Mexican booty that she was shaking in her cut-off shorts.  She jumped at least a foot in the air as she accidentally dropped a piece of french toast in the sink.
“Keep moving with me baby.  I’m all about breakfast and club music, especially when it has to do with a sweet ass like yours,” I growled into her ear.  She giggled and went back to dancing while cooking as I kept myself glued against her, grinding.  When the song finished, she turned around and wrapped her arms around me, nuzzling into my chest.  I kissed her on the forehead as she took a deep breath of my freshly cleaned skin.
“Paul, you smell like a pomegranate mango,” she giggled.
“First of all, there is no such thing as a pomegranate mango.  Second, a real man is not bothered by smelling like the girl he just had the most amazing night with,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up off the floor to lay a sloppy kiss on her lips.  I set her back down with a content dazed look on her face and smacked her hard on the ass.  I couldn’t help but laugh as she rubbed her ass cheek while piling the finished food onto a plate.  She then turned back around with a plate full of French toast and pushed it into my chest.
“Grab plates out of the cupboard and I’ll bring over the silverware and sausage,” she commanded with a smile.  “Oh, and do you need coffee?”
“Nah, I’m good with milk or OJ,” I informed her as I pulled two plates out of the cabinet.  “I do need syrup if you have it.”
“Of course I have it.  That’s a fridge staple, right?” she said with a laugh.
“Maybe for you, but I still have yet to go grocery shopping, so my fridge is still bare,” I announced as I sat down at the table.
“You have been here for 2 weeks and you haven’t gone shopping yet?!” she exclaimed.
“Nope.  I should probably go soon though, I think I might be out of toilet paper soon,” I said as I grimaced about the thought of not having shit tickets.
“You are helpless,” she breathed into my ear before sitting down, causing me to swat at her like she was a fly.
“Well, if I stay here with you, I won’t have to worry about grocery shopping; you seem to have it all together…”  I stopped as I looked up and saw her frowning at my words.  “What?  You don’t want me to move in yet?  I’m a great bed buddy!” I mocked, throwing in my big charming smile.
“You captivated me enough to make you breakfast this morning and not kick you out right away.  Don’t push your boundaries,” she taunted.
“Well, last night was just the beginning baby, you had me at the first sign of you bring a complete potty mouth in bed,” I informed her as I shoved in mouthful of French toast.  I couldn’t help but moan when the food hit my taste buds.  “Okay, well now you really fucked up because I think I have finally found a woman who has perfected my favorite breakfast food.  Just don’t tell Yoli,” I mumbled with a mouth full of food.  She just smiled shyly and scooped in her own mouthful of breakfast.
I found my Arizona Yoli!


“…So you spent the night at her house?” I coaxed Biz as he flopped down on my couch, gluing himself to the football game that was playing on the TV.  He actually looked exhausted and I knew right then that my assumptions about Ari being one hell of a lover were probably dead on.
“Py, how the fuck could you say that she is not my type?!” he exclaimed.  “She’s perfect for me.  We had sex four fucking times last night and each time it got hotter, I swear.”
I spit out the water in my mouth. “Four times?! Shit man, no wonder you look like hell.  Can she even walk?!”
“She was glowing this morning,” he said almost to himself.  “I haven’t seen that look on a woman in forever…”
“That’s because you were her first since Steven, as far as I am aware.”
“Or it could just be that I’m that good.”
I was not getting involved in that argument, so I just shrugged my shoulders as I was still stuck on how it was humanly possible to have it four times in one night.  “You must really have some charm Biz or she was just that horny to get laid; if that was the case, then you’d be the right person for the job.”
He looked up at me with an actual hurt look on his face.  “Thanks man.  Glad to see that you only think of me as a man whore,” he chirped.
“Have I really ever known you to be anything more when it comes to women?” I asked, still trying to joke with him about it.
“Have you ever thought that maybe I do want to settle down and that it isn’t all lust when it comes to Arianna?” he spit, obviously more annoyed than I realized.
I sat there for a moment and looked at him straight in the face, “You really have it bad for her.”
He just looked back at me with that ill looking love struck face and shrugged his shoulders.
“Does she know?”
“Since when has it been smart to tell a girl on your first real date that you are in love with her?”
I nodded my head in agreement to the statement.  “I never thought I’d see the day that one of the biggest playboys in the NHL actually falls for a woman that is still most likely out of his league.”
“Dude, how the fuck is she out of my league?!  I had her screaming my name at the top of her lungs last night.”
“I’m just not sold that she is taking this as seriously as you are,” I answered honestly.  If I knew Ari like I thought I did, I’m thinking she was looking at this as a much needed romp in bed to get her back in the dating scene.  It wasn’t that she would want to hurt Paul, but I had a sneaky suspicion that her feelings were not as intense as his were.
I became more confused when Ari came over for dinner the next night.
“So what’s up with you and Biz?”  I asked as I leaned up against the counter as she pressed garlic over the cheese tortallini dish she was making.
Without missing a beat she said, “We had a nice evening together.”
“And a nice morning too?” I asked, bracing myself to get punched in the stomach.
“I’m sure you heard all the details, why pry for more?” she asked looking over at me with raised eyebrows and punched.
“So will there be another date?”
“Probably…”
“You mean to tell me he hasn’t asked you yet?” I asked, shocked.
She laughed, “Oh, he has, I just haven’t figured out how far I want to go with this.”
“Are you playing him?”
“No, honestly, I’m not.  Is he playing me?” she asked seriously.
“I don’t think so, Ari.”
She took a deep breath and a sip of her wine as she scrunched her nose in deep thought.  Taylor, I just don’t know what to do.  I know he’s a player.  The sex was fucking amazing, but really, how am I not just another girl who he fed lines to that night?”
“I can completely understand where you would get those thoughts,” I said slowly. “But…I’m pretty sure you are not just another notch in the bedpost, sweetie.”
She raised her right eyebrow at me, making her look completely sexy as she asked, “Oh yeah? What did he tell you?”
I put my hands up in the air and stuttered, “I plea the 5th!”
She went to point her stirring spoon at me when the doorbell rang.  Thank God for small favors.  I scurried away from her wrath like the chicken shit I can be when it comes to women like her and went to answer the door, only to find Biz on the other side with a big smile on his face.
“Decided it would be worth your while to show up here for dinner anyway?” I asked as I stepped back to let him in.
“It was when I drove past and saw a certain red Jetta sitting in the driveway.  Plus, you have TP.”
“I have what?”
“Toilet paper.  I ran out.”
“Then buy some,” I laughed at how pathetic he was without his mom.
“That would require me to step foot in a grocery store,” he said as if this was a logical excuse on why he didn’t have toilet paper.
“That’s pathetic, Paul,” Ari called from the kitchen as I walked back next to her to check in on the dinner.  Next thing I knew, Biz was snapping a picture of us with his phone.
“There were a ton of rolls at the restaurant across the street from my apartment earlier, so I should be good going there for now,” he announced as I watched him try typing in a caption to go along with the picture he was now posting to Twitter.  “Besides, this is an easy way to find out how many fans I have.”
“How so?” Ari asked, seeming truly interested in this pathetic charade.  Maybe she finds his stupidity a turn-on. Good lord.
“See if anyone brings me any shit-tickets at the rink tomorrow,” he smiled at the idea he thought was brilliant.
“Hmm, interesting,” Ari said with a look of true attention.  She was actually intrigued by his foolishness.
I just shook my head and face palmed my face.  Tell me, how does a brain like Arianna have anything in common with a simpleton like Biz? Maybe this might actually work out after all.

3 comments:

just.meaghan said...

I hope her and biz are just a quick fling! I want to see some air and Taylor! Thanks for 2 chapters today! Are you going be updating "crush" any time soon? I really miss that story!

Anonymous said...

I stalked this story for two days. Needless to say, i was very excited when you posted 2 chapters!

I know that their relationship is new but I really think that they need to talk about where it's going. There seems to be a lot of confusion about what they think the other person wants ( I hope that makes sense).

Can't wait for more!!!

I Love Canadian Boys said...

Is it just me, or do I sense a bit of jealousy from Taylor? He seems so set on them not working out.. Maybe cause he wants Ari? I dont know.. I guess well just have to wait and see.
I was glad to see 2 updates today! Great chapters can't wait for the next one!

P.S. I was also wondering what's gonna happen with "Crush" and if you were gonna update it soon... I miss it alot too!