Monday, May 2, 2011

Chapter 6

I’m a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints
I don’t wanna feel anything, but I do
And it all comes back to you.

So listen-up, the sun hasn’t set
(I refuse to believe that it’s only me feeling)
Just hear me out, I’m not over you yet.
(It’s love on the line, can you handle it?)


Ch. 6

“I’m sorry about my ‘psycho chick’ breakdown on Sunday,” I apologized to Taylor as we sat out on the patio in the warm desert night.
He looked up at me with a smile in his clear blue eyes as he took a sip out of his beer and just shrugged.  “No big deal.  I just really wasn’t in the mood to hear about it.  Honestly, I think you were completely overreacting about the whole thing…”
I leaned back in the patio chair and looked up at the clear sky as a shooting star passed overhead.  “Ugh, I guess so.  I dunno Taylor, I’m just so confused and I don’t know what to do.”
“Confused about what?  Biz likes you and even though you can’t seem to remember, you truly did seem to be having a good time.”
I took a deep breath before and blew it out, like I was trying to blow out the stars.  “I don’t forget everything…” I admitted quietly.  “I wish I didn’t remember everything, but I can’t get the one thing out of my mind.”
“And that would be?”
“We kissed.”
“Saw that happen.”
I popped my head back up and looked across the table at him.  “You did?!”
“Yup,” he said with a smirk.  “You looked to be enjoying that too.”
I let my head fall backwards again and groaned.  “His sarcasm drives me crazy, his cocky attitude is so not my style and I’m pretty sure I never met anyone who actually looks good in a pair of Speedos,” I finished with a stupid grin coming across my face as I heard Taylor burst out laughing.
“So you do have something for him?”
“I don’t know.  He definitely annoys the shit out of me.  I’m pretty sure he usually gets whatever he wants when it comes to women and you of all people know that I am not the type of person to just roll over and say, ‘take me.’”
“If you were, you’d be getting laid every night,” Taylor snorted.
“I’m going to throw something at you.”
“I’m used to it.  Besides, you need to learn how to take compliments.  Really, Ari.  You are beautiful and I think if you let yourself go a little bit, you’ll realize that it’s okay to move on.”
“Are you moving on?”
“Slowly, yea, I guess so.  I had a really nice time with Rachel last night.  I had her over for dinner and a movie…of course, don’t ask me what movie we attempted to watch…” he said with his pretty boy smirk.
I covered my ears and shook my head back and forth.  “Ugh! Don’t want to hear it, Taylor.  I’m happy for you, but I don’t need juicy details.  I’m sure I will hear more than I want to from Rachel.”
After he stopped laughing at me he said, “Oh, that kind of reminds me, Upshall and Melanie are having a party Friday night and you are supposed to come along.  I’m taking Rachel…”
“I don’t know…”
“Andre and Shane are going to be there and Andre said that you are not allowed to use them as an excuse because she already found another babysitter,” he said proudly.
I pouted and whined, “Fiiiinnnneeee.”


Since Melanie was a Penn State grad, she insisted on holding a blue and white party the night before the big game against National Champs, Alabama.  Of course I was summoned for my DJ’ing abilities since I had been dubbed as the official team DJ ever since I arrived here.  I loved being behind the turn-tables at a party and it was even more fun people watching.
Melanie helped me get dressed for the occasion by lending me a Penn State jersey, a hat and  she even bought me gaudy gold beads, giving me extra to hand out to the ladies if they earned them as the night went along.
I was ready for a good night to cut loose and get my mind off of Ari.  Of course she never returned my phone calls and Taylor wasn’t really divulging much information, so I figured I’d let it cool down as I tried to decide on if I wanted to come up with a new approach or just move on.
My plan to move on was looking like the better option as the night started because Melanie had some really hot friends who were all over me.  See, ladies love the BizNasty.  My new friend of the evening was named Juliet and she was a total firecracker.  She was a bleached blonde and looked to be wearing a Penn State shirt that she bought her freshman year there.  The shirt definitely did not accommodate her now larger breast size and it was hard not to stare at them since “State” letters were stretched across them.  She seemed hell bent on getting in my pants by the end of the night and with the way I was feeling, I was pretty sure I’d let her.  At least that is what I thought until I saw Pyatt walk in with two ladies on his arms…
Ari was dressed in white shorts and a tight blue tank-top that accentuated her curves.  Her hair was down, kissing her shoulders as she moved.  It felt like I had been punched in the gut when she walked through the door and I completely lost track of where I was as I just stared at her.  She glanced up once as she passed by, but never acknowledged me.  My eyes just stayed glued to her ass as she walked over to the outside bar to get a soda from Scottie.
I decided to play it as cool as possible for the first hour that she was there as I whispered to Juliet that she would have to find someone else for the evening.  Of course the girl had to make things a little awkward by stomping over to Melanie and pulling her away for a moment to most likely whine.  When Melanie got back she just looked over at me and nodded with a reassuring smile.  I just stayed behind my DJ’ing equipment and watched Ari dance with Rachel and Melanie.  When I couldn’t take it any longer, I pre-set a bunch of songs and weaved myself through the crowd, towards her.  She had her back towards me when I came up to her, so I just leaned down and whispered closely into her ear.
“You going to ignore me in person too?”
She jumped, but never turned towards me as she said, “I didn’t want to cramp your style with the haram you seem to have crowded around you; seems you already pissed off one of them because you won’t play nice.”
I left out a nervous laugh as I leaned back in and said, “There is only one woman here that I want attention from, tonight, and I promise to play nice with her.”  I could have sworn she shivered at my words and the tension between us grew like an electric current.  I placed my hands on her hips and began to move with her to the beat of Justin Timberlake’s Señorita .  I could tell she was hesitant at first.  “Just move with me...” I breathed into her ear.  She sank back against me and the heat of her body amped me up even more.  My mouth was already watering at the hope of getting a chance to kiss her and it took all I had to keep my hands positioned on her hips.  After a few measures of the song she turned around and threw her one arm around my neck, letting me lead her.  I moved one of my hands up the small of her back and dipped her backwards, keeping her pelvis against my leg as I pushed my knee between her legs.  She let go of my neck and leaned backwards, trusting that I wouldn’t drop her as we both left the music take us away.  Just like the tune, the whole act was sultry as I pulled her roughly back up against my chest and she fell against me, grinding herself high against my thigh.  This time when she looked up at me through her hair, her hazel eyes weren’t clouded by alcohol; instead they were clear and curious. 
A shy smile played across her lips as I let my hands move up and down her back and to her ass to coax her to grind harder on me.  Every movement of her body against me caused sparks and my mind was filled by the fog she was creating between us.
The song ended, but we didn’t part as the slower beat song, Hear Me Out by Frou Frou echoed across the patio/makeshift dance floor.  She laid her head against my chest and I could feel her trying to slow her breathing.  I daringly smoothed my fingers through her hair once before placing my hand back down on her hip.  I looked around and saw Taylor dancing with Rachel; both were watching the show that was playing out between Ari and me.  Taylor just gave me shrug and a nod before turning back to Rachel and kissing her.
Once the second song ended, I took her hand and lead her over to my DJ table so that I could program several more songs to make sure the party would go on while I took her into a dark corner and talked with her.  She stood with me for only a moment before she said, “I’m going to go get some water.  Do you want anything?”
“I want to be able to talk to you, so please don’t go far,” I pleaded, afraid that I might lose her again before I could tell her how I felt.
She smiled, obviously noting my tension.  “Paul, I’ll be over at the bench, waiting for you.”
I couldn’t help but smile in relief as I just nodded.


I don’t really know what took me over on the dance floor, but I felt like he was a magnet and I couldn’t help but be attracted to him.  His warm, hard body against mine was enough to pull me into the oblivion.  He looked like a complete dork with gold beads around his neck and his backwards baseball hat.  Any other day I probably would have found it ridiculous, but tonight I found it endearing.  I think I’ve gone too long without being touched by a man and now I’m in too far over my head without even knowing it.
I was leaned back, looking up at the stars when I felt him sit down beside me, assuming the same position I was in.
“Clear night out,” he said making small talk.
“I actually have a clear head tonight,” I said with a smile.
“I noticed, no alcohol,” he said, suppressing a laugh.
“I don’t think I’ll be drinking that much for a long time.”
This time he couldn’t hold back a snort.  “Yeah, probably not a good idea.  If you do decide to drink that much again, please let me know so I can get you a poncho and put plastic down in my truck.”
“You are going to let me in your truck again?” I asked with a smile as turned my head to find him staring at me intently.
A cocky grin crossed his face before he answered.  “I’d let you go anywhere with me, Arianna.”
“I remember the kiss,” I blurted out in a dorky way that made me feel overly shy and nervous.  I can be such a dork and I really seem to suck at this whole flirting thing.  I was looking down at my hands as I was pinching my fingertips nervously.
“Do I make you that nervous?” Paul asked, amused.
I looked up to find his face close to mine.  I quickly looked back down at my hands as I shrugged my shoulders.  I felt him move and then I felt his finger tips on my chin, coaxing me to look at him.
“So, how do we solve that problem?” he asked quietly as he stared intensely at me.
Before I could answer he was leaning in towards me and brushed his lips softly across mine.  My body immediately reacted, just as it had on Saturday night.  I thought I was going to melt into a puddle, right there on the bench.  I felt his tongue lightly touch my lips, like he was trying to see if I tasted okay and then before I knew it his hand was on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him as his tongue begged for entrance into my mouth.  My mind was screaming out of control as we locked together and went for the ride.  I was floating on air as he drank from me and I seriously thought I was going to fall hard to the ground once he finally decided to pull back from the kiss.  I surprised myself by letting out a soft moan, which only made him deepen the kiss.  His silly mustache tickled my face and my hand was roughened by the everlasting 5 o’clock shadow on his face.  My other hand ended up on his chest, allowing me to feel that his heart was beating just as fast as mine.  Eventually we were both out of breath as we pulled back.
“I’m glad I was sober this time,” I whispered breathlessly.
Paul left out a short laugh as he caressed my face with this rough hand.  “I’m glad too.  I don’t need you puking on me again.”
I pushed him back playfully as I protested, “I did not puke on you; just in your truck!”
“Same damn thing as far as I’m concerned,” he said as he pulled me back against him.  I nuzzled into his side as we just sat there quietly.  The party was still in full swing and someone conned Woliski to fill in for Biz.  I couldn’t help but laugh at his broken English as he rambled into the microphone about making sure no one had sex on Melanie’s white couches and if they did to make sure they put towels down.  We watched as Shane took the mic from him and announced, “Biz, please get your ass back and here and take your duties back.  Ari will be available afterwards for you to schmooze!!”
I could feel myself blushing from head to toe as everyone turned and looked at us sitting together.  Of course Biz took advantage of this attention.  He stood up and began pretending he was given me a lap dance as he turned around and yelled to everyone, “Can’t you see I’m a little busy here?!”
“Yeah, too bad she doesn’t look like she’s enjoying it!” someone yelled over, making me burst out laughing as I attempted to push him backwards.
Paul shook his head while he was also laughing.  He stopped grinding against me and leaned down next to my ear.  “There’s more from where that came from, sexy.”
“Okay, cowboy, well maybe some other time,” I tried to play cool.
 “Can I take you home tonight?” he asked with a sparkle in his eye.
“Does your truck still stink?”
“Nope, got it shampooed so it smells all pretty again.”
“Hmm,” I said as I playfully kept him waiting.  “You will have to ask the Doan’s permission first because they were going to take me home.”
A big smile came across his face as he got up, leaned down, kissed me on the forehead and growled, “This party won’t be over soon enough…”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this story so far.
I think it's great that she's being more open minded and giving him a chance.
Pleaseeee update soon!!!!

I Love Canadian Boys said...

Loved this chapter. They are so cute. They talked it out and she let him in :)Loved the ending too!
Can't wait for the next one!

MelTing said...

Ari really likes him too. I think that opposites attract, and it's nice that she's coming out of mourning. But we haven't heard much about her past yet.