Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chapter 7

How I wish you could see the potential,
the potential of you and me.
It's like a book elegantly bound but,
in a language that you can't read.
Just yet.

You gotta spend some time, Love.
You gotta spend some time with me.
And I know that you'll find, love
I will possess your heart.

Ch. 7

It was 2am by the time we pulled into her driveway.  Even though Uppie’s house wasn’t that far away, she was already dozing off quietly in the passenger seat of my truck.  It had been a long, yet eventful night.  The party was off the hook but as far as I’m concerned, the best part of the night was kissing Ari.  Not quite sure anything can top that.
She was slowly reaching for the door handle by the time I got around to her side of the truck to help lift her out of it.  Her makeup was smudged and her hair probably needed a good brushing, but the look of her was an image burner.
“You’re home, princess,” I said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and allowed me to scoop her up.  “Where are your keys?”
“In my purse,” she mumbled as she held up the little clutch in front of my face.  She dug them out by the time I got up to the door.  I bent my knees so that she could reach the lock to get us into the house.  As soon as we got inside she stretched her neck up and kissed me sweetly on the cheek.
I didn’t really know where to take it from here.  My dick was telling me to carry her upstairs to her bedroom, lock the door and never let her leave until we both couldn’t stand to be without food.  My head was telling me that I had to be careful.  Everything was so fragile and I didn’t want to fuck it up but holy shit, I wanted her so bad.
Despite my crazed inner monologue, I slowly set her down in front of me.  Of course I tortured myself in the process by making sure she was still pressed against my body as she unfurled from my arms.  It took all I had not to throw her up on the little table in the hallway and bang my way home into her as she looked up at me sleepily with an unsure look on her face.  I knew then that she too was battling with herself.
“So…” I said as I weaved my fingers through her hair, carefully pulling out some of the tangles.
“I don’t know…” she said slowly
I didn’t even let her finish so that she didn’t have to feel like it was only her on the edge of uncertainty.  “Arianna, will you go out with me tomorrow evening?”
A close lipped smile came to her face, but I knew it was genuine when I noticed the creases of the smile by her eyes.  It was a look to say ‘thank you for not putting me in an uncomfortable position.’  “What time?”
“Oh, I don’t know.  How about I call you when I get done golfing with the guys,” I said as I ran my hands up and down her arms, producing goose bumps on her arms.
“That sounds good because I will be over with Andre and the kids; I plan on spending my afternoon by the pool.”
“Hmm, the scenery by the pool sounds like it might be much nicer than what it will be on the green.  I think I might have to change my plans…”
She pushed me back slightly with a playful hit of her palm into my chest.  Before she could pull her hand back, I grabbed her wrist and held it to me, gathering up the rest of her with my other arm so that she was pressed against me.  I leaned down and was pleasantly surprised when her lips met mine half way.
This time she was the one calling the shots.  Before I could even attempt to gain entrance to her mouth, she was in mine, wrapping her tongue around mine.  She wasn’t holding back and I couldn’t help but slide my hand down her back and cup her ass, pulling her against what was now coming awake, despite my earnest effort for it to stay asleep.  She left out a low moan into my mouth and I felt her fist the material of my t-shirt in her hands as if she was going to either pull me back from her or pull me closer.  Even though my body was on full alert and completely ready for this, I knew she wasn’t so I played the better man and pulled back from the kiss.
“Ari, I can’t do this much longer without ripping your clothing off and possibly doing something we both might regret,” I whispered huskily, as I felt my penis screaming, ‘No!’
She looked up at me with cautious, hazel eyes and mouthed, “I’m sorry.”
I couldn’t help but laugh at her innocence as I leaned down and kissed her forehead and said, “No sorry’s, just be warned that I won’t be able to stay this chaste with you for much longer.  I’m trying to be a gentleman, but it’s really tough when you are so beautiful and…ugh.” I growled in frustration as she smiled shyly, the way she did when I first saw her.
I took a step back, picked up her hand, kissed it and turned to walk out to my truck.
“Please answer your phone when I call tomorrow?” I asked as I paused before walking outside.
“I think I can do that,” she giggled quietly.


“So you seemed pretty wrapped up in Biz last night…” Andre said as the kids splashed around us in the pool.
I knew the conversation would come sooner or later.  “I guess so,” I said nonchalant-like.
“So, did he stay over last night?” she asked with a naughty wink.
“NO!” I squeaked as I picked up Rylan and threw him in the air.
“Wow, I gotta give credit to Biz.  He sure is taking this whole gentleman thing pretty seriously.  I truly did not think the boy had it in him.”
“Yeah, he warned me last night that he won’t be able to keep his promise much longer on that,” I said with a grin, thinking about how it felt when he cupped my ass and pulled me against his long erection, giving me an idea of the toy I would have to play with.  “I’m just so nervous.  I haven’t done the deed since Steven.”
“You don’t have to if you don’t want to…” Andre said with a wicked smile.
“Oh, don’t worry, I want to.  Even though I’m still not 100% sold on where this is going to go.  I mean its Paul.  Taylor showed me his Facebook and Twitter accounts.  Shane has also dumped his 2 cents in on the subject and it’s pretty obvious he’s a player, so why should I think I’m something different?” I asked with a grimace.
“You won’t know until you try.  So it doesn’t work out; it won’t be the end of the world.  At least you can say you tried and got good things in bed.”
“That’s terrible!”
“Come on, Ari.  The guy has a beautiful body; you can’t tell me that he doesn’t know how to use it.  He sure looked like he had you falling for it last night on the dance floor.  If the man can dance, you will have no problem in the bedroom.”
I left out a snort as Rylan crawled up on my back, attempting to get me underwater.
“Speaking of trying out new things, what do you think about Taylor and Rachel?” I asked with a smile.
“He looks pretty taken by her.  It will do him good also,” Andre said thoughtfully.
“I thought so too.  I’m glad, he deserves to be happy,” I said almost to myself.
“And so do you,” Andre said happily as she came over and helped Rylan dunk me underwater.

I was in dreamland while lying on the lounge chair by the pool when my phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hello?  Not hello, Biz, where have you been all my life?”
I couldn’t help but giggle at his self-centeredness.  “Nah, I was actually thinking a better greeting might be just hitting ignore so you could listen to my voicemail instead.  Don’t want you thinking you are getting anywhere with me.
“Ouch.  Just for that I’m taking you to a shitty movie and McDonalds for dinner.”
“So harsh,” I teased back.
“Oh hell, I couldn’t torture you like that even if I wanted to,” he said happily into the phone.  “So, can you be ready in an hour, hour and a half?”
“Sure.  Are you picking me up?”
“Yup, I’m just leaving the golf course now.  Have to drop Py off at home and then I’m heading home for a shower and hopefully finding the perfect outfit to make your panties melt.”
After that sentence, I heard Taylor yelling something in the background about me not wearing underwear and if I did they would only melt for him.  “I’m hanging up now!” I yelled into the phone as they both went on a tangent about who had the hotter body and what temperature it actually took to make panties melt.
“Okay, I will see you in a little my raven haired beauty.”
I rolled my eyes and said, “Bye, Paul.”

I just got out of the shower when I heard the doorbell ring.  Shit!
I wrapped myself up in the biggest towel I could find and went downstairs to the door.  I peeked out the peep hole to find my date standing on the stoop with a red rose between his teeth and a cocky grin.  He looked absolutely smoking wearing a white, pin-striped shirt that was unbuttoned half way down to show off his beautifully sculpted chest, along with dark jeans that hugged him just right.  His hair had enough gel in it to sculpt it and his smile topped off the whole package.  His newly grown mustache was a little goofy looking, but for some reason it seemed to fit him.
I opened the door far enough just so that I could peek around it.
“I didn’t expect you here for another 20 minutes.  I’m not ready yet,” I said nervously.
“That’s fine, I can watch TV while you get ready,” he said with a grin as he took the rose out of his mouth and offered it to me.  I took it and pressed the sweet smelling pedals to my nose as I inhaled the fragrance.  Reluctantly, I pulled the door open and watched as his eyes basically popped out of his head.  “You look more than ready for me, SeƱorita!” he exclaimed as his eyes lustily devoured my towel covered body.
I could feel myself blushing head to toe as I cursed myself for not just making him wait until I could at least throw some clothing on.  “Remote is on the side table, I’ll be back down in a little…” I mumbled as I ran upstairs, away from his longing eyes. 
As I got back to my bedroom I stared at the dress I was planning on wearing for the evening.  I had bought it on a dare given to my by my sorority sisters when I was still in college.  As per the dare, I had worn the dress to a club and by the end of the night walked out of the place with at least 4 phone numbers and 2 marriage proposals.  What the fuck are you thinking?!  I took a deep breath and pulled it down over my head.  It was a short, pencil straight, spaghetti strapped black dress, that didn’t even require me to wear a bra with it.  Somehow it pushed my boobs up, giving me a hint of cleavage and hugged my curves in all the right places.  It took a lot of alcohol to wear it when I was 21 and in college but tonight, alcohol was not an option, so I was hoping my Spanish courage would help me step up to the plate.  I finished my make-up and hair, strapped on my heels and down the stairs I went.
Once I got downstairs, I found Biz lounging on my couch, looking quite at home watching Hoarders.
“Are you really watching that show?!” I asked, laughing.
“Fuck yeah,” he exclaimed and abruptly stopped as he cleared his throat, “I mean, yes, I do,” obviously trying to curb his language around me, still not aware that I had the mouth of a sailor when I wasn’t at school.  “I haven’t been able to watch it since I’ve been down here because I don’t have cable at my place.  My buddies and I at home decided I should become a professional hoarder while I lived down here in Phoenix for the season.”  He was laughing at his idea as he finally turned around to look at me.  “Holy Shit,” he breathed out as his mouth literally dropped to the ground and I could have sworn I saw a drop of drool fall out of it.
“I’m ready,” I said nervously as I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my feet, trying not to notice the desire in his gaze.  Before I knew it, the TV was off and he was within inches of me, walking around me like he was stalking his prey.  Every hair on my body stood at a tension with apprehension and anticipation.
“Well, there goes my idea for McDonald’s.  I think you might even be overly dressed for Burger King,” he said as he shook his head, faking a look of disappointment.  This broke some of the tension as I tried to hide my laughter, but failing miserably in the process.  I jumped when he un-expectantly took my hand and kissed it in his charming fashion.  “You look amazing, Arianna,” he said seriously as he gazed up into my eyes.
“Thanks,” I whispered with a small smile as I looked at him shyly. 


It was obvious she was trying to make an impression and I was completely blown out of the water by how she was dressed.  The dress she was wearing could have easily been viewed as tramp-ish, if it had been on the right woman.  Instead, she made it look classy and I was trying to clear my mind of all the ideas that were racing through it.  Of course the main idea that probably wouldn’t go away was how the hell I was going to peal her out of the dress without ripping it to shreds. 
This whole “getting to know” someone before hopping into bed with them was harder than it seemed, but I had promised Shane and Py that I wouldn’t make Ari another notch in my bedpost.  Honestly, I started out this endeavor as a game to show that I could be on my best behavior and that I could land any girl; but now, I have to admit that there is something definitely something different with this woman.   Her shyness was very endearing and she was proving to be a good match at putting me in my place when the time arose.  Around every corner seemed to be a surprise and I was hooked to find out what was coming next.
I pulled her against me quickly, causing her to leave out a breath of surprise.  I felt her shiver in my arms as I placed my nose close to the small of her neck and took in a deep breath.  “You smell like the rose I gave you,” I murmured.  She was tense and I could tell she wanted to say something, but it seemed that she was unable to speak at the moment.  “We will have to get you over this nervousness,” I quipped.  “I’m pretty sure you can man-handle me, but I think I need to get you completely out of your shell first.”
She took a deep breath before she spoke slowly.  “To be honest, I’m not sure I not sure what your intentions are and I’m not sure if I can fully trust you yet.”
“Well, honesty is always the best policy,” I answered, still speaking into her delicious smelling skin.  “So as of right now, my intention is to take you out to dinner, wine and dine you, and if everything works out the way I hope, wake up with you in my arms tomorrow morning.”
I held my breath in hopes that I wasn’t going to get smacked, but I relaxed as I felt her giggle softly.  I pulled back with a smile on my face and put on the charm.  “Are you ready for our date, Princess?” I asked, offering her my arm.
She looked around the house, grabbed her clutch and lightly threaded her arm through mine as she nodded her head; ready for what I hoped would be the night of her life.  Little did I know, it would turn out to be just that and more.

3 comments:

just.meaghan said...

Very good! I want to read about this date! I really hope she starts to break out of her shell! I do want some more Taylor :)

I Love Canadian Boys said...

Ok. I cannot wait for the next chapter! This date is going to be epic. I definitely have to agree with NHLhockeyFan though. I'd like to see a bit more or Pyatt in the story.. This next chapter will be great. I can feel it.. :)

MelTing said...

Okay, the tension is building here, but I have to change the subject here and say, I love Hoarders too. It's like a car crash for me, I can't stop staring.
So Biz likes Hoarders too? I'm liking him more, because frankly the whole Speedo bit had turned me off. Let's see what happens as the temperature goes up in Phoenix.